Yes, our share trading services are available to international/overseas residents and companies that reside in countries listed in our Approved Countries List.
Please note for international customers, the OpenMarkets ANZ Cashactive is the only bank account option available. Therefore please ensure to select this on the application (as all accounts must have a linked cash account with one of our approved providers).
To open a trading account (international residents)
Simply download/complete one of the following account application forms:
In the application you'll need to:
- Provide your personal and/or entity details
- Provide your registered address in the CHESS Sponsorship section
- Select OpenMarkets ANZ Cashactive in the Cash Account section (this is the only bank account service available for overseas residents)
- Choose your preferred trading platform
- Citizenship and taxation information and the TIN (Tax Identification Number) from the country (or countries) you are a tax resident of.
- Sign, date and post your application to OpenMarkets along with identification documents.
Submit to OpenMarkets via post only
For overseas residents, applications and identification documents must be posted to OpenMarkets by mail. We cannot accept your identification documents electronically.
Please mail all documentation to:
Suite 300, 180 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 AUSTRALIA
- A certified copy of your Passport
- A certified copy of your foreign Driver's Licence or national identity or birth certificate
- Original or certified copy of a utility bill displaying your residential address (no more than 3 months' old)
For other acceptable forms of international ID, please refer to the Appendix of any OpenMarkets application form.
Translation of identification documents (if non-English)
If your identification documents are in a language other than English you will also need to have the documents translated by a NAATI recognised translator.
Certified copies means photocopies of your documents that have been certified by an approved certifier, showing the original stamp and signature of the certifier. See list of approved certifiers.
Account opening fees
Please find further information here for fees relating to International residents.
Please see all information relating to brokerage rates, including shares, ETF's and warrants here.