To transfer issuer sponsored holdings to your OpenMarkets CHESS sponsored Holder Identification Number (HIN) simply:
- Download/Complete an Issuer Sponsored Holding Transfer Form
- Submit to OpenMarkets Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure to attach copies of the individual holdings statements (no more than 12 months old) or a recent dividend statement
- Issuer holdings statements and/or dividend statements provided must display the full Security Reference Number (SRN) e.g. I000998837773 and not hidden like this I*********773.
- The registration of your issuer holdings must be in the exact same name/entity and registered address as your OpenMarkets account. This includes joint accounts - you cannot transfer a holding registered in a single name to an account registered in joint names.
- The registration address on your Issuer statement must also match to your OpenMarkets registration address
How to obtain a copy of your holding statements
If you do not have a current copy of your holding statement or latest dividend statement, you can usually obtain this online by visiting the corresponding share registry's 'investor centre' and entering your Securities Reference Number (SRN) and your post code.
If you do not have access to your SRN you will need to contact the share registries to find out how you can obtain your holdings information.
The two main share registries in Australia are:
- Computershare (visit the Computer Investor Centre or Single Holding Enquiry)
- Link Market Services (visit the Link Investor Centre)
The 3 smaller registries are:
Example of Computershare's Investor Centre:
What to do if your Issue holdings are registered in an old name
If the registered name/entity on your Issuer holding statement reflects are old name e.g. your maiden name (and therefore does not match your registered name at OpenMarkets), you will need to contact the corresponding share registry to have your holding(s) updated with your current name. You will then need to request a copy of the holding statement(s) reflecting your updated name.
Each share registry has a different process, so you'll need to visit their website for more information.
What to do if your Issue holdings are registered in an old address
As per above, you will need to contact and update the corresponding share registry with your current address, and request for updated statements to then be provided to you.